Residents of the Waimanalo Hawaiian Homestead can join our association and become an active member for an annual fee of $10 or become a lifetime member for $200. Interested persons must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must reside within the limits of the Waimanalo Hawaiian Homestead land area, including Kumuhau and Kakaina;
- Must be willing to accept the purposes and objectives of the constitution and by-laws and the rules, regulations, and policies and procedures of the Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association
Our association also offers Associate and Honorary membership. There is no fee to be an associate or honorary member.
- Associate members are persons who do not live on Waimanalo homestead, but have close affiliations and want to be involved in certain conditions. Associates do not have voting privileges, but may be involved in discussions and activities, do not make motions or second motions, and do not qualify to hold an officer or director position in the association.
- Honorary members are persons elected by the general membership in recognition for outstanding and meritorious service to the welfare of the Hawaiian people or Hawaiian communities. Honorary members do not have voting privileges and do not qualify to hold an officer or director position in the association. An active member in good standing nominates an honorary person.
If youʻre interested in becoming a member, please send us an inquiry using the form on our contacts page and our membership chairperson will contact you. Or you can attend one of our general membership meetings. The date and time of our general membership meetings can be found on our events calendar page.